Our online support sessions are run by:
· Trained and experienced LGBTQ online support volunteers
· MindOut’s LGBTQ mental health practitioners, including advocacy workers and counsellors
· External, specialist LGBTQ service providers
Our themed sessions are run by online support workers and volunteers who share the lived experience and/or identity or have specific expertise in the session theme.
What support can the service offer?
· Emotional and listening support without judgement and unwanted advice or opinions
· Information and signposting in the right direction
· Help you to think about ways to stay safe and develop coping strategies
· General conversation about whatever is on your mind
· Information and access to other MindOut services
· Space to talk through choices and decisions
· Space to reflect and to problem solve
· Contact with LGBTQ people to help you feel less alone or isolated
· An opportunity to share opinions and talk about issues and events that are important to you
We are a UK charity based in Brighton and Hove, therefore if you are calling in from further afield, we may be unfamiliar with where you are calling in from, and may not have the information, experience or the resources you need. This may limit the support we can offer but we will try our best!
The service is anonymous and confidential. However, if we have serious concerns about your or someone else’s safety, then we may need to pass your IP address on to the authorities. We would never make a decision like this lightly, and we would always do our best to have a conversation with you first, and support you throughout.