Autism Hounslow is a group of autistic people, parents and carers who want to enjoy life and influence the development and delivery of health and social carer services in Hounslow. The group aims to promote the independence and resilience of people on the autism spectrum in Hounslow, support families and carers, and build the skills, resources and capacity of its members.
Groups are based on peer support and currently include the following:
- A Monday group for adults with autism – carers are welcome too. Activities and outings are organised according to the wishes of the group.
- Hounslow Lions football club for adults with autism
- A monthly Thursday evening group for adults with autism
- A group for young people aged 10-15 with autism
- A Whatsapp group for parents/carers of children with autism. Activities are organised by the group.
- Ad-hoc smaller group / one-to-one meet-ups are organised by members of the groups if they wish.